What is different about Hot, Humid Solution’s house plans?
Hot, Humid Solutions provides house designs created from the firm’s knowledge and experience of connecting houses to the land and building houses that thrive in a hot, humid climate. With over 26 years of designing custom houses, the Fredericks truly understand what makes a comfortable, livable house. The plans presented by Hot, Humid Solutions are based on vernacular traditions and detailed to reflect the most current building science for hot, humid climates. Therefore if you want to build one of our plans in a different climate, the detailing of the building should be revised for your climate.
Our experience over the years has shown that the site plan is one of the most important creative actions taken in making a house that fits the land and seems to belong to the site. Digital photos, google maps, tree and topographic surveys enable us to provide a site plan that orients the house correctly, saves important native trees and understory, places the garage/outbuilding to create outdoor living spaces and make the project as close as possible to a custom design. The site plan is included, and required, in our base price.
What is included in the set of plans?
The construction set includes the following: • Title Sheet • Floor Plans drawn at 1/4″ = 1′-0″ • Roof Plan drawn at 1/4″ = 1′-0″ • Schedules – Doors and Windows • Exterior Elevations drawn at 1/4″ = 1′-0″ • Building Sections • Wall Sections and Exterior Details • Electrical Plans • . Because code and requirements can change and may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, we cannot warrant compliance with any specific code or regulation. Electrical plans are for general layout only. The structural design should be designed by a local structural engineer for compliance with local soil conditions, wind, and seismic requirements. Your plans may also need to be modified to comply with local building conditions, energy codes, snow loads, zoning regulations and other ordinances. It is the responsibility of the purchaser of each plan to see that the structure is built in strict compliance with the governing building codes and municipal codes.
How can the plans be altered?
Hot Humid Solutions will make alterations to the plans at our current hourly rates. We will provide an estimate of required hours prior to performing the work.
What additional services can Hot, Humid Solutions provide?
Our team has extensive experience designing custom spaces to make your house work for you. We can provide the following services at for an additional charge.
- Interior design- Our interior design services can range from choosing interior finishes and fixtures, all the way to selecting and arranging furniture.
- Kitchen planning- Our base price includes a basic kitchen layout, but we can provide kitchen elevations, cabinet details and customization to your needs
- Landscape design- Our vision of a house that responds to its site is not quite complete without landscape design. While it can be challenging to design a landscape from afar, we are confident that an overall concept can be established. We use a combination of landscape (with an emphasis on native plants) and hardscape (such as patios, pools, walls, benches, etc) to create livable exterior spaces and rooms.
- Green Design- Hot, Humid Solutions can provide specifications and details to help meet the green building requirements as an additional service at our current hourly rates
What additional services might I need from other professionals?
- A tree and topographical survey provided by a licensed surveyor
- Soils report to determine the load bearing capacity of the soil provided by a licensed Geotechnical Engineer
- Structural Engineering for local soils condition, wind and seismic requirements provided by a licensed Structural Engineer
- Smart House design – we recommend that you work with a local media consultant for your electronic needs.
- Green Design or LEED certification – LEED certification is provided by an independent third-party reviewer. While the contractor is responsible for the meeting the requirements, Hot, Humid Solutions can provide specifications and details to help meet the green building requirements as an additional service at our current hourly rates
What if the review board in my neighborhood requires an architect?
Hot, Humid Solutions does not provide an architect’s stamp on drawings. Contact Frederick + Frederick Architects for architectural services.
How can I purchase plans?
The house designs and construction documents by Hot Humid Solutions, including designs shown on the web site www.hothumidsolutions.com are copyrighted and are the property of Hot Humid Solutions. Purchase of a home design allows the licensee to build only one house from the plans and does not transfer the copyright or ownership of the plans in any way. Payment by check, money orders or cashier's check is required prior to shipping or emailing of construction sets. All purchases are non-refundable.
Can't find what you are looking for?
If the house of your dreams isn't here, you may be looking for a custom home. Contact Frederick + Frederick Architects for architectural services.